Pages

Saturday, May 28, 2011

Cebu Foodies

Now let's go to my gastronomical adventure in Cebu! We've tried four (4) restaurants during our last visit. I know it's a few restos during a 3-day trip right? We ate at the usual commercial restos so I won't bother putting it here. I'll just concentrate on the food destinations that you can only try in Cebu City.

Did you know that Julie's Bakeshop started at Cebu? And they actually serve real food? Our first stop was Julie's Canteen. It is located near our hotel along F. Ramos St. and we usually ate most of our lunch and breakfast here. Their cooking is really good! They also have good desserts too and the price is just right.


For those who doesn't know yet (which I doubt), Cebu is also well known for their lechon. We can't wait to try it out so we went to CNT Lechon just in front of SM Cebu. What's unique about eating lechon in Cebu is their sauce. They don't use the usual Mang Thomas sauce like we do in Manila. In Cebu, they accompany it with toyo at suka. And amazingly, it works for me. (But I still prefer Mang Thomas sauce).

CNT Lechon
Chopsuey
Another 100% Tatak Cebu is Larsian sa Fuente. It is located near Robinson's Place along the Fuenta Osmena Circle. What's special about this place is the concept. If you are a barbeque fan, you shouldn't miss this one. Now imagine a food court set up, only all the stalls are barbeque hubs. Isn't it great? The price is right and their food taste awesome! Another unique thing about this place is their rice. They call it puso and you just peel it and eat it with your hands. The only downside I can say is about the smoke. But overall, the experience was great! 


We ordered most of their products. (Sorry but I forgot which stall we went too). Most of the barbecue kinds are there like isaw, gizzards, chicken and pork barbecue. We also ordered grilled blue marlin and pusit. Those seafood were really fresh and it just melts in your mouth. Sarap!


Our last stop is Mae Krua, a Thai restaurant located at 80 F. Ramos St. The price is lower compared to thai restos in Manila. Love their dishes. The spiciness is just right and you can also ask them to make it really hot if you are like a spicy food lover like me. 


We ordered Tom Yung Soup. It's the first time I tried one that is really creamy. Then we ordered plated orders. My friends ordered Chicken Masaman Curry and Spicy Pork in Basil Sauce while I ordered Thai Roasted Duck. The meat is really tender and the taste was awesome!!!

Tom Yung Soup
Chicken Masaman Curry
Spicy Pork in Basil Sauce
Thai Roasted Duck

I still read a lot of good restos in Cebu and a new recommendations from my friends. That will be a future adventure for me to take in my next visit. I can't wait to get back to Cebu!


Share






No comments:

Post a Comment