Pages

Thursday, December 15, 2011

Tootsie's Tagaytay

For some reason, I was lucky enough to be in Tagaytay for three (3) consecutive weekends last November. I've been posting a lot of places that you can visit in Tagaytay and enjoy a wonderful view of Taal. (You can check it out in my previous posts). Now I'll concentrate on one of the highlights of my trip. I'll be featuring one of the best restaurants that I've ever tried in Tagaytay. 

Tootsie's started since 2008 and they offer Filipino home-cooked meals. Their interior is Mediterranean inspired and it has a very homey feel to it. Not only do they serve great original dishes but they also practice great service. All their staff is super friendly. They are also knowledgeable about what they offer and they will go an extra mile to be of service to you. 


Now, let us go to the good part. Let us check their food!

For starters, we ordered Sinigang na Baboy to serve as our soup as well. I'd say the taste is average but I  still enjoyed the tamarind-based soup that we sure love.


Laing sa Hipon. I like the consistency of the dish. Not so dry and not too saucy. Perfect for my taste. You may think that it's just a normal laing but as the name of the dish entails, there are hidden treasures beneath it. Make sure to dig up those shrimps (hipon). It goes well with the laing.


Kilawing Puso ng Saging. Now this is something special. I believe that puso ng saging is something that you usually enjoy as one of your home-cooked meals. This is the first time I've tried it in a restaurant setting. I really enjoyed this one.


Baked Chicken. I've already tried the fried one and the roasted version of chicken. Now this one is something new to me. I love the taste of it. Not too greasy and the meat is tender and moist. 


Pata Pinalutong. This one is our old-time favorite Filipino dish. It's their own version of crispy pata. A bit average for my taste but what I do like about this dish is that it's not too oily. 


Now let's go to desserts. This is the ultimate highlight of my dining experience here in Tootsie's. Usually, I drink coffee after eating a meal. This time, we tried it differently and we ordered Hot Tarragon and Mint Tea. The combination is awesome! The warm taste is perfect with the cool minty flavor of the tea. This is a must try for you guys!


Ube Palitaw. Now this one is now in my favorite list. I might be biased about it because I will always like any type of food that has ube in it. But the ingenuity of this dish just amazes me. This is truly a great original dish by Tootsie's. 


Bibingkang Galapong. This dessert interests me because it's the first time I've tried a bibingka that you add sugar to it. Usually the only add-on for this dish is the niyog shavings. I really like the new combination that they've come up with this dish.


You can check the rest of the pics at pongTrip FB Page. Here's my rating for Tootsie's.

Ambiance: 4/5
Cleanliness: 5/5
Customer Service: 5/5
Quality of Food: 5/5
Price of Food: 4/5
Over-all Rating: 4/5

Tootsie's Tagaytay
(along Tagaytay Ridge)
J. Abas Santos Cor. Aguinaldo Highway,
4120 Tagaytay City, Philippines

Tel. (046) 483-4629
Mobile: 0917-TOOTSIE (866 87 43)







Share






No comments:

Post a Comment